Student visas are given to bona fide students to pursue regular studies at recognized institutions in India. The visa is multiple entries and valid for the period of study as approved by the educational institution in India.
Important Notice: Postal applications are not accepted at our Centre. Please submit your application in person, travel agent or through representative only.
TOTAL PAYMENT MADE BY POSTAL ORDER, CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD AT THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE
|Nationality||Validity||No. of Entries||Visa Fee||Service Charge||Consular Fee||SMS/Email-messaging||Premium – Courier Delivery||Total Amount|
|Switzerland||Depending on the duration of Studies from 1 year to 5 years, whichever is earlier||Multiple||141||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||200.95|
|Afghanistan, Bangladesh, DRK, Jamaica, Maldives, Mongolia, Mauritius, Myanmar, Seychelles, South Africa,||Multiple||0||9.70+3.75*||0||3.50||40||56.95|
|All Other Nationals||Multiple||141||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||200.95|
*All payments to be made in CHF (Swiss Francs) only
* Please find below transactions fees applicable on various modes of payments, including applicable VAT:
- Credit Cards: 3% on the total invoice amount
- Debit Card: CHF 0.30 per transaction
- Payment by Postal Order: CHF 3.75 per transaction
- Urgent Visa (Same Day Visa) will not be issued for Student Visa http://in.vfsglobal.ch/English/entryvisa_fees.html
Mode of Payment
- Credit Cards (At Visa Centre): Visa & Master Card (Cards locally issued in Switzerland)
- Debit Card (At Visa Centre)
- Payment at Swiss Post.
Payment by Postal Order
Please make your payment in favour of "VF SERVICES (UK) Limited" Account Number 60-433764-4 at Swiss Post office outlets or via E-Banking (IBAN: CH89 0900 0000 6043 3764 4)
Refund of Visa Application Fee
If VFS is in breach of contract or negligent in relation to any visa application submitted, resulting in the visa not being granted or loss of applicants passport with valid visas, in each case, wherein the applicant has to apply for a new passport or cannot travel to India at the times stated by the applicant in his/her visa application, then VFS will refund to the applicant the amount of the visa application fee only.
Loss or damage to passports and other travel documents.
VFS takes every reasonable precaution while handling an applicant's passport & documents, and if due to any breach of contract or negligence on the part of VFS, the applicant's submitted passport or documents are lost or damaged beyond a useable condition, then VFS will pay to the applicant the amount of the fees charged by the government of the applicant's home country, for the replacement of the lost or damaged passport or other documents through their normal replacement procedure, and VFS will assist the applicant with the same within its capacity. Such payments will be made by VFS to the applicant on the presentation of the payment receipt issued by the government of their respective home country for the replacement of such lost or damaged passport or documents.
Visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent colour passport size (about 50mm x 50mm) photograph, showing full frontal view of face against a white background to be pasted on the application form.
- Current Valid passport with minimum of 180 days.
- Requisite fee
3rd Country nationals are required to submit a copy of valid residence permit B or C
- Referral form along with an Additional Referral fee of 25 CHF has to be paid by all nationals except citizens of Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
- Letter of admission from recognized educational institution with duration of the course
A copy of your flight reservation details (Travel itinerary)
- Bona fide letter the school / college
- Receipt / Acknowledgement of fees paid to the school / college.
- Documents showing financial support for tuition fees and stay in India.
- Proof of English specking efficiency (Preferably a high school level certificate of English subject or equivalent proof of English course studies
- Proof of present academic level of studies
- Proof of financial support preferably a bank statement
- All applicants will be required to download and sign a Declaration Form, which will be made available on the website http://in.vfsglobal.ch/pdf/Declaration.pdf/ and submit it along with the application at the Visa Center
It is imperative that the photograph submitted at the time of application must fall within the specifications and sizes given below.
Unacceptable photographs, that do not meet the specifications, may not be accepted for submission.
- The photograph should be in color and of the size of 2 inch x 2 inch (50 mm x 50 mm).
- The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality.
- It should have full face, front view, eyes open.
- Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Center head within frame.
- The background should be a plain light colored background.
- There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background.
- Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
- The expression on the face should look natural.
Do’s and Don’ts for a Proper photograph
The photo for each applicant submitted must measure:
- The photo should capture full face, front view, with eyes open.
- The head should be in the centre of the frame.
- There should be no distracting shadows on the face or background.
- Make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm). Make sure eye height is between 1- 1/8 inches to 1-3.
Lighting on face and background
- The light should be even and balanced to avoid shadows on the face.
- Background behind the face should be properly illuminated to avoid shadows in the background.
Photograph Print Properties
- The photograph should be in size 2 inch x 2 inch (50 mm x 50 mm) and in color.
- Print photo on thin photo paper.
- Ensure the print is clear and has a continuous-tone quality.
- Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften the photo.
Resolution and Printing Quality/Contrast and Colour
- High-resolution photography and printing are strongly recommended.
- Both conventional and digital photography are acceptable, and conventional or digital printing methods may be used.
- Resulting print should exhibit a continuous-tone quality regardless of the print method used (dye sublimation, ink jet, laser, etc.)
- Digitally printed photos should be produced without visible pixels or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible.
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subjectand background accurately.
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features.
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones.
- Fluorescent or other lighting with
- Unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast in the photo. Appropriate filters can eliminate improper color balance.
Head & Eyes- Position and Background
- Head should face the camera directly and should not tilt or turned (portrait style).
- Photo must show both edges of the face clearly.
- The eyes must be open, level and clearly visible and must not be covered by hairs or eyeglass frames.
- Glare on eyeglasses should be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head.
- No tinted or dark glasses.
Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
Exposure and Lighting
- There should not be any over-exposure or underexposure which results in an unusable photo.
- There should be a three-point balanced lighting. Facial features should be clearly evident in the photo.
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background. Diffuse sources of light, such as umbrella lights, are preferable to point sources.
Flexibility in Children’s photographs
- Babies under one year do not have to have their eyes open.
- As regards the photograph of the children under ten years of age, requirements can be somewhat relaxed in respect of height of the face and the position of the eyes in the photographs; and in case of babies and infants also, the position of the face, the facial expression, the eyes and the line of sight can have some relaxation. However, a frontal photograph with clarity is required for children.
- It should show the child alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible) looking at the camera with a neutral expression and the mouth closed.
Average processing times vary as explained below. Please finalize your travel arrangements only after you obtain an appropriate visa. VFS / Embassy of India, Geneva will not be responsible for any inconvenience/problems faced as a result of finalizing travel plans before obtaining your appropriate visa.
Normal Tourist / Business visas up to a period of 6 / 12 months can be issued within 5 - 7 working days for foreign nationals, but visa requested in exceptional cases for a duration of 1 year or more, will take a minimum of 7 - 10 working days .
Most Tourist / Business visas up to a period of 6 / 12 months for Swiss and Liechtenstein nationals would be processed within 2-3 working days after submission of application except as detailed below
- Employment, research, student , Volunteers visa may take up to 3 weeks or more
- Processing time for the below mentioned nationalities will take a minimum 7- 10 working days.
- Nationals of Bangladesh or any applicant (irrespective of current nationality) who previously held Bangladeshi nationality
- Sri Lankan nationals or Swiss Nationals of Sri Lankan Origin
Please note that the above mentioned times are dependent on the Embassy of India, Geneva and will not be same for all visa cases.
Same Day Visa Service
Effective 01st April 2014 the Embassy of India will no longer process same day (Urgent) visa applications.
Please note: The processing times for visas are estimates only. We do not guarantee the visa will be issued same day. Non-Swiss nationals and Swiss nationals who require a reference have a processing time of 7-10 working days. These are based on information and experience of the Embassy of India, Geneva.
The processing of your application is subject to the procedures and timescales of the Embassy of India, Geneva, over which we have no control
|Additional Form- Foreign Nationals of Pakistan Origin|
|Passport Withdrawal Form|
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.