A Medical visa is given to those who are traveling to India for medical treatment. The visa can be single/multiple entry. Please note that relevant letters/documents explaining details of the treatment, signed and stamped by the concerned hospitals/doctors are required to validate the purpose of travel.
MEDICAL VISA FOR IVF -SURROGACY TREATMENT
Any person seeking a Visa to India for purpose of entering into a surrogacy arrangement must ascertain beforehand whether the law of that country permits surrogacy and will provide appropriate travel documents to the child born out of surrogacy to accompany the commissioning parents back to their country.
Entering into surrogacy arrangement under any other visa not sought for surrogacy is punishable under the Indian law.
Your payment allows you to submit your application through the Indian Visa Application Centre. Your application can be accepted, refused or modified by the Embassy of India in its full right. Once service charges have been paid, they cannot be refunded, even in the case of a visa refusal or cancelling an application.
If sending your application by post, please do not forget to enclose the courier service charge to have your passport sent back to you by secure courier. Please refer to the below Fee Charge Table for details.
|Nationality||Validity||No. of Entries||Visa Fee||Service Charge||Consular Fee||SMS/Email-messaging||Premium – Courier Delivery||Total Amount|
|Switzerland||Up to 6 Months||Multiple||141||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||200.95|
|Unites States of America||Up to 6 Months||Multiple||226||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||285.95|
|Up to 1 Year||Multiple||296||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||355.95|
|1 - 5 Years||Multiple||436||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||495.95|
|Sri Lanka||Up to 6 Months||Multiple||25||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||84.95|
|Russia||Up to 6 Months||Multiple||212||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||271.95|
|Pakistan||Up to 6 Months||Multiple||5||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||64.95|
|Nigeria||Up to 6 Months||Multiple||441||9.70+3.75*||3.50||2.50||40||500.95|
|Afghanistan, Bangladesh, DRK,
Jamaica, Maldives, Mongolia, Mauritius, Myanmar,
South Africa, Seychelles,
|Up to 6 Months||Multiple||0||9.70+3.75*||0||3.50||40||56.95|
|United Kingdom||Up to 1 year||Multiple||228||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||287.95|
|All Other Nationals||Up to 6 Months||Multiple||141||9.70+3.75*||3||3.50||40||200.95|
*All payments to be made in CHF (Swiss Francs) only
* Please find below transactions fees applicable on various modes of payments, including applicable VAT:
- Credit Cards: 3% on the total invoice amount
- Debit Card: CHF 0.30 per transaction
- Cash: No transaction fee applicable
- Payment by Postal Order: CHF 3.75 per transaction
Urgent Visa (Same Day Visa) will not be issued for Medical Visa
- Mode of Payment
- Credit Cards (At Visa Centre): Visa & Master Card (Cards locally issued in Switzerland)
- Debit Card (At Visa Centre)
- Cash (At Visa Centre)
- Payment at Swiss Post.
- Payment by Postal Order
Please make your payment in favour of "VF SERVICES (UK) Limited" Account Number 60-433764-4 at Swiss Post office outlets or via E-Banking (IBAN: CH89 0900 0000 6043 3764 4)
- Visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent colour passport size (about 50 mm x 50mm) photograph, showing full frontal view of face against a white background to be pasted on the application form.
- Current Valid passport with minimum of 180 days.
A copy of your flight reservation details (Travel itinerary)
- 3rd Country nationals are required to submit a copy of valid residence permit B or C
- Referral form along with an Additional Referral fee of 25 CHF has to be paid by all nationals except citizens of Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- All applicants will be required to download and sign a Declaration Form, which will be made available on the website http://in.vfsglobal.ch/pdf/Declaration.pdf/ and submit it along with the application at the Visa Centre
It is imperative that the photograph submitted at the time of application must fall within the specifications and sizes given below.
Unacceptable photographs, that do not meet the specifications, may not be accepted for submission.
- The photograph should be in colour and of the size of 2 inch x 2 inch (50 mm x 50 mm).
- The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality.
- It should have full face, front view; eyes open. Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Center head within frame.
- The background should be a plain light colored background.
- There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background.
- Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
- The expression on the face should look natural.
Do’s and Don’ts for a Proper photograph
The photo for each applicant submitted must measure:
- The photo should capture full face, front view, with eyes open.
- The head should be in the centre of the frame.
- There should be no distracting shadows on the face or background.
- Make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm). Make sure eye height is between 1- 1/8 inches to 1-3.
Lighting on face and background
- The light should be even and balanced to avoid shadows on the face.
- Background behind the face should be properly illuminated to avoid shadows in the background.
Photograph Print Properties
- The photograph should be in size 2 inch x 2 inch (50 mm x 50 mm) and in colour.
- Print photo on thin photo paper.
- Ensure the print is clear and has a continuous-tone quality.
- Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften the photo.
Resolution and Printing Quality/Contrast and Colour
- High-resolution photography and printing are strongly recommended.
- Both conventional and digital photography are acceptable, and conventional or digital printing methods may be used.
- Resulting print should exhibit a continuous-tone quality regardless of the print method used (dye sublimation, ink jet, laser, etc.)
- Digitally printed photos should be produced without visible pixels or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible.
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately.
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features.
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones.
- Fluorescent or other lighting with
- Unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast in the photo. Appropriate filters can eliminate improper color balance.
Head & Eyes- Position and Background
- Head should face the camera directly and should not tilt or turned (portrait style).
- Photo must show both edges of the face clearly.
- The eyes must be open, level and clearly visible and must not be covered by hairs or eyeglass frames.
- Glare on eyeglasses should be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head.
- No tinted or dark glasses.
Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
Exposure and Lighting
- There should not be any over-exposure or underexposure which results in an unusable photo.
- There should be a three-point balanced lighting. Facial features should be clearly evident in the photo.
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background. Diffuse sources of light, such as umbrella lights, are preferable to point sources.
Flexibility in Children’s photographs
- Babies under one year do not have to have their eyes open.
- As regards the photograph of the children under ten years of age, requirements can be somewhat relaxed in respect of height of the face and the position of the eyes in the photographs; and in case of babies and infants also, the position of the face, the facial expression, the eyes and the line of sight can have some relaxation. However, a frontal photograph with clarity is required for children.
- It should show the child alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible) looking at the camera with a neutral expression and the mouth closed.
Average processing times vary as explained below. Please finalize your travel arrangements only after you obtain an appropriate visa. VFS / Embassy of India, Bern will not be responsible for any inconvenience/problems faced as a result of finalizing travel plans before obtaining your appropriate visa.
Normal Tourist / Business visas up to a period of 6 / 12 months can be issued within 5 - 7 working days for foreign nationals, but visa requested in exceptional cases for a duration of 1 year or more, will take a minimum of 7 - 10 working days .
Most Tourist / Business visas up to a period of 6 / 12 months for Swiss and Liechtenstein nationals would be processed within 2-3 working days after submission of application except as detailed below
- Employment, research, student , Volunteers visa may take up to 3 weeks or more
- Processing time for the below mentioned nationalities will take a minimum 7- 10 working days.
- Nationals of Bangladesh or any applicant (irrespective of current nationality) who previously held Bangladeshi nationality
- Sri Lankan nationals or Swiss Nationals of Sri Lankan Origin
Please note that the above mentioned times are dependent on the Embassy of India, Bern and will not be same for all visa cases.
Same Day Visa Service
Effective 01st April 2014 the Embassy of India will no longer process same day (Urgent) visa applications.
Please note: The processing times for visas are estimates only. We do not guarantee the visa will be issued same day. Non-Swiss nationals and Swiss nationals who require a reference have a processing time of 7-10 working days. These are based on information and experience of the Embassy of India, Bern.
The processing of your application is subject to the procedures and timescales of the Embassy of India, Bern, over which we have no control
|Visa Application Form - Pakistani Nationals|
|Additional Form- Foreign Nationals of Pakistan Origin|
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.